Terms and conditions
Waiver: By registering for this program and selecting the check box I am accepting the waiver of rights and that there are inherent risks associated with physical activity and participating in dance classes. I understand, take responsibility for all risks and give permission for myself and my child to participate in Markham School of Dance’s or MainStreet Dance Company's programs without restrictions. I hereby release Markham School of Dance, MainStreet Dance Incorporated, MainStreet Dance Company Inc., and any of the teachers, assistants, volunteers, students and associates of any and all liabilities.
Photo Release: I authorize Markham School of Dance or MainStreet Dance Company to copyright or publish and photographs or video footage taken of my child or myself while participating as a student and performer and those may be used with out limitations or reservations.
In-Studio/Hybrid Classes - Registration Terms and Conditions
- Payments: The in person classes are yearly programs. Each month your account will be charged the flat rate for your child's program. The class fees are paid by monthly installments. The instalments can only by charged on a credit card. I understand that although the instalments are made monthly it is not related to the number of classes in a month, but an average of the yearly fees divided by month.
- Refunds: I understand that there are no refunds on instalment that have been paid for any reason.
- How to Unenroll: To discontinue please e-mail the studio and include the following information: your child's name, your name, the program you are registered for, and the reason for the withdrawal. We require 30 notice of cancellation and you are required to pay any monthly fees that are billed during that time. Note that once you enrol you will be taken out of the program and your spot will not be held for future. Also if you decide to re-enroll you will be subject to paying the registration fees and any current pricing increases at that time.
- Class Absence = Online Classes: If your child is sick or unable to attend the week of the class you will be able to take your class online (with the exception of acrobatics). To arrange this please text 647-905-8267 24-48 hours in advance of your class time.
- Pre-Booked Absences = Makeup Classes: I understand that there are no guarantee that makeup classes will be available for my child, however the studio will try to offer a makeup class if available. This is for vacations and other absences booked 1 week in advance or more. To request a makeup class please contact us at 647-905-8267.
- Uniform: I understand that MSD has a uniform for the school and that my child is required to wear the uniform for all their in person classes. Students may be asked to sit out if they are not in the proper dance uniform. The uniform does not apply for summer classes in the park and camps. Student are required to have their hair tied back in a ponytail for each class and a bun for ballet if they have long hair (from Grade 1 and up).
I understand that by registering for the dance program I am therefore accepting these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time. These as well as additional policies can be found in the student/parent handbook on the parent portal once registered.
Registration Terms and Conditions - for online classes
- Each month your account will be charged the flat rate for your child's program. Classes are offered live with the teacher on Zoom at scheduled times.
- Class times and dates may change depending on the number of students registered in the program. Please visit the student site or check your e-mails for any updates.
- The monthly fees are non-refundable, and non-transferable. Parents please do not share any passwords or content link with others. All participants in our online classes must be students of the school with an active account or they will be permanently removed from our online classes.
- To discontinue select manage your payment from any of your invoices and turn off the recurring billing. Alternately you can e-mail the studio and include the following information: your child's name, your name, the program you are registered for, and the reason for the withdrawal. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice before the next billing cycle to removed your payment or you will be billed for the next month and can continue in the classes until the end of that billing cycle.
- *Issues and concerns, prior to discontinuing your child's classes we recommend contacting the studio and speaking with the director. Many issues can be resolved this way and we are constantly working to improve our programs and offerings. Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to help in any way we can.
- Video and Photos: All classes are recorded for training and archival purposes. These will not be released to the public however may be used if there are video performances and these recordings may be shared online with other parents in the program as well as short clips used for marketing purposes on social media. Photos may be taken. The teachers/staff will notify the students prior to taking any photos. By registering you are accepting that photos and videos may be used by MSD for marketing and promotional purposes.
Registration Terms and Conditions - Camps:
If you are registering for you agree to paying a non-refundable $25 deposit and paying for the camps as per the following schedule:
Refunds differ depending on the option you choose:
- One Week Camps – $25 deposit is non-refundable. Refunds are available for the remainder of the fees up to a week in advance. All fees are Non-refundable within a week of the camp start date.
IMPORTANT CAMP INFORMATION:
- EPIPENS and asthma inhalers that are required must be brought to camp everyday and checked in with the teachers
- Please check the expiry date on the EPIPEN and inhalers prior to camp. Your child will not be able to attend camp if their EPIPEN or inhaler is expired or not brought to camp.
- If daily medication is required please make arrangements to come to the camp to give it to your child. Teachers will not under any circumstance be required to provide medication to students including Advil/Tylenol.
- Students must be fully potty trained to attend. Teachers will not at any time be helping students in the washroom.
- If your child has any health concerns or requires any additional assistance in a classroom setting please reach out to us prior to registering to confirm if our program would be a good fit for your child.
Communication and Information:
It is the responsibility of the parent to keep informed about the studio policies and class dates and to keep the studio updated about changes to phone numbers, e-mails, mailing address, emergency contact details and medical issues including allergies. Our main form of communication is through e-mail so please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive the e-mails.
Safety and Valuables:
- Students under the age of 12 may not leave the building without a parent present. Parents are asked to come to the studio to pick up their child.
- Parents, siblings and friends may not enter the studio at this time. We ask that all parents wait for their dancers outside or in the lobby if available.
- The teachers are not responsible for the students once the class is dismissed. Please ensure that all parents or guardians arrive promptly to pick up their child on time. Students must be picked up promptly and may not wait around the studio after class.
- If a student has an EPIPEN we ask that it is brought to the studio, labelled and checked in with the teacher. Please do not leave EPIPENS in the children's backpacks.
- The Studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Bins are provided for your convenience and will be brought into the studio.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the class room. Video Recording or taking photos of the class is only permitted during parent observation days or by teacher request.
- Please put your child's names in all of their belongings (ie shoes, bodysuits, tights, waterbottles, etc.)
We keep all customer information confidential. By you providing your personal information to us, you grant us permission to use and store such information. We, in turn, will use our best efforts to keep such information safe and secure. Not surprisingly, your information is stored through our data management system. Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage that information and by using Simplero you are granting us that right.
We don't sell or share that information with anyone, other than trusted third-party data processing vendors who process those data on our behalf, and also promise to keep it confidential. We only collect the information we do in order to provide the service and so we can contact you about changes to that service.
We may send marketing messages to you if you have okayed that. You can always opt-out of that okay.
We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to (a) comply with legal process served on us, our partners, sponsors, investors, or affiliates; (b) protect and defend our rights or property or those of our customers; or (c) to protect the personal safety of our users or the public. Otherwise, we try our best to keep your information safe and secure.
To use Simplero, you will be given a username (Simplero ID) and password. Keep that info confidential because you are responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. Please tell us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. Help keep Simplero safe. You may also enable two-factor authentication for your Simplero ID, which increases security significantly.
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your personal information available for viewing by third parties online, such as on blogs, message boards, emails, or in chat areas, the information you share also can be seen, collected and used by third parties, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any use of the information that you voluntarily share. Same goes with your password. Don’t share it with others.
Our product is not designed to store sensitive information about people, though we cannot prevent people from entering such information themselves, nor can we prevent our customers from collecting such information. We assume no liability in the case that sensitive personal information are stored in our system without our written consent.
Data being processed and your rights
We process basic data such as name, email, phone number, and other similar non-sensitive information given to us by people themselves, or given to us by our customers, who certify that they've gotten that information legitimately.
We also store incidental information, such as IP addresses and clicks on links in emails or, in some cases, visits to websites.
We are processing this data in order to send you emails or text messages that you have requested, and to make offers for products that you are likely to be interested in.
You may of course at any point request that we stop sending you more information, or that we delete the information that we have on you.
We are storing that information in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud, as well as sharing it with SendGrid for sending emails, and Twilio for sending text messages.
Anonymous data collection and use
To maintain our website’s high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the website. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet. This is essentially "traffic data" which cannot personally identify you – it is all anonymous – but it is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services.
Use of "cookies"
We may use the standard "cookies" feature of major web browsers. Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your computer that contain information about the user. We do not set any personally identifiable information in cookies, nor do we employ any data-capture mechanisms on our website other than cookies.
Cookies help us learn which areas of our website are useful and which areas need improvement. You may choose to disable cookies through your web browser’s settings.
We pride ourselves on excellent and prompt customer service. We try to ensure that website availability is uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, we cannot guarantee that your access will not be suspended or restricted from time to time, including to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new facilities or services. We, of course, try to limit the frequency and duration of any suspension or restriction because we want you using Simplero as often as possible.
We take every precaution to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via Simplero, we do have security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that is obtained from you and your customers. However, due to the nature of the Internet, we cannot completely ensure, warrant or guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us or through our services. Submitting information is done at your own risk.