Terms and conditions
Upon registration all participants must sign the covid questionnaire and waiver PRIOR to attending on their first day and e-mail it to the studio. Click the Covid 19 page on the website for the download
Waiver: By registering for this program and selecting the check box I am accepting the waiver of rights and that there are inherent risks associated with physical activity and participating in dance classes. I understand, take responsibility for all risks and give permission for myself and my child to participate in Markham School of Dance’s or MainStreet Dance Company's programs without restrictions. I hereby release Markham School of Dance, MainStreet Dance Incorporated, MainStreet Dance Company Inc., and any of the teachers, assistants, volunteers, students and associates of any and all liabilities.
Photo Release: I authorize Markham School of Dance or MainStreet Dance Company to copyright or publish and photographs or video footage taken of my child or myself while participating as a student and performer and those may be used with out limitations or reservations.
Registration Terms and Conditions - for online classes
- Each month your account will be charged the flat rate for your child's program. This will be a monthly charge and you are welcome to take as many classes as you like within your child's program. Classes are offering in pre-recorded videos on our MSD Student Site or live with the teacher on Zoom at scheduled times.
- Class times and dates may change depending on the number of students registered in the program. Please visit the student site or check your e-mails for any updates.
- The monthly fees are non-refundable, and non-transferable. Parents please do not share any passwords or content link with others. All participants in our online classes must be students of the school with an active account or they will be permanently removed from our online classes.
- To discontinue please e-mail the studio and include the following information: your child's name, your name, the program you are registered for, and the reason for the withdrawal. We require a minimum of 48 hours notice before the next billing cycle to removed your payment or you will be billed for the next month and can continue in the classes until the end of that month.
- *Issues and concerns, prior to discontinuing your child's classes we recommend contacting the studio and speaking with the director. Many issues can be resolved this way and we are constantly working to improve our programs and offerings. Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to help in any way we can.
Registration Terms and Conditions - In-Studio Classes 2020/21
- The in person classes are yearly programs starting September 14th, 2020. Each month your account will be charged the flat rate for your child's program. This will be a monthly charge and you are welcome to take as many classes as you like within your child's program. The class fees are paid by monthly installments. The installments can only by charged on a credit card.
- I understand that there are no refunds on installment payments and although the installments are made monthly it is not related to the number of classes in a month, but an average of the yearly fees divided by month.
- To discontinue please e-mail the studio and include the following information: your child's name, your name, the program you are registered for, and the reason for the withdrawal. We require a minimum of 24 hours notice before the next billing cycle to removed your payment or you will be billed for the next month and can continue in the classes until the end of that month.
- I understand that there are no makeup classes offered due to student absences.
- I understand that MSD does not offer makeup classes for classes cancelled by the school and that the studio includes two weeks in their yearly schedule that is not billed to accommodate for studio cancellations.
- I understand that MSD has a uniform for the school and that my child is required to wear the uniform for all their classes. Students may be asked to sit out if they are not in the proper dance uniform. The uniform does not apply for summer classes and camps. Student are required to have their hair tied back in a ponytail for each class and a bun for ballet (from show stars and up).
- I understand that there is a yearly recital at the Markham Theatre. For the 2020/21 season does not include the fees for the dance recital performance, costume, pictures, etc.
- For those who registered and paid for the June 2020 recital costumes will be included this season. If you have not paid for costumes in the previous season you will be send a payment notification in November with the details.
I understand that by registering for the dance program I am therefore accepting these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time. These as well as additional policies can be found in the student/parent handbook on the parent portal once registered.
Registration Terms and Conditions - Camps and Summer Programs:
- I understand that there are no refund on camps. If you are not able to attend a camp up to a week prior to the camp start date you will be able to change the camp date to a different week (only within the same calendar year). There are no credits, or week changes within the week prior to the camp.
- Summer class fees are highly discounted and therefore are final sale, no refunds, transfers or studio credits available.
Communication and Information:
It is the responsibility of the parent (or the student if over age 18) to keep informed about the studio policies and class dates and to keep the studio updated about changes to phone numbers, e-mails, mailing address, emergency contact details and medical issues including allergies. Our main form of communication is through e-mail so please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your safe senders list to ensure you receive the e-mails.
Safety and Valuables:
- Students under the age of 12 may not leave the building without a parent present. Parents are asked to come in to the studio to pick up their child.
- Parents, siblings and friends may not enter the studio at this time. We ask that all parents wait for their dancers outside.
- The teachers are not responsible for the students once the class is dismissed. Please ensure that all parents or guardians arrive promptly to pick up their child on time. Students must be picked up promptly and may not wait around the studio after class.
- If a student has an EPIPEN we ask that it is brought to the studio, labelled and checked in with the teacher. Please do not leave EPIPENS in the children's backpacks.
- The Studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Bins are provided for your convenience and will be brought into the studio.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the change rooms or class rooms. Video Recording or taking photos of the class is only permitted during parent observation days or by teacher request.
- Please put your child's names in all of their belongings (ie shoes, bodysuits, tights, waterbottles, etc.)