Terms and conditions
Waiver: By registering for this program and selecting the check box I am accepting the waiver of rights and that there are inherent risks associated with physical activity and participating in dance classes. I understand, take responsibility for all risks and give permission for myself and my child to participate in Markham School of Dance’s or MainStreet Dance Company's programs without restrictions. I hereby release Markham School of Dance, MainStreet Dance Incorporated, MainStreet Dance Company Inc., and any of the teachers, assistants, volunteers, students and associates of any and all liabilities.
Photo Release: I authorize Markham School of Dance or MainStreet Dance Company to copyright or publish and photographs or video footage taken of my child or myself while participating as a student and performer and those may be used with out limitations or reservations.
Registration Terms and Conditions
- * I understand that the yearly program runs from September 16th, 2019 to June 15th, 2020. The class fees are paid by installments. There is one initial installment at registration and 8 subsequent payments Oct 1st to May 1st billed monthly. The installments can only by charged on a credit card. Fees can be paid upfront by year by e-transfer, cash or credit card.
- * I understand that there are no refunds on installment payments and although the installments are made monthly it is not related to the number of classes in a month. I also understand that a 30 day written notice by e-mail is required for all installment class cancellations and the final day for withdrawal for this season is March 30th.
- * I understand that there are no refunds on full year payments, however if due to a medical emergency my child can no longer dance I can apply for a studio credit for the remainder of the season in writing accompanied by a doctors note.
- * I understand that there are no makeup classes offered due to student absences.
- * I understand that MSD does not offer makeup classes for classes cancelled by the school and that the studio includes two weeks in their yearly schedule that is not billed to accommodate for studio cancellations.
- * I understand that MSD has a uniform for the school and that my child is required to wear the uniform for all their classes. Students may be asked to sit out if they are not in the proper dance uniform. The uniform does not apply for summer classes and camps. Student are required to have their hair tied back in a ponytail for each class and a bun for ballet (from show stars and up).
- * I understand that there is a yearly recital at the Markham Theatre and the yearly dance fees include the dance recital performance, costume, pictures, etc.
I understand that by registering for the dance program I am therefore accepting these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions may change from time to time, and the studio will notify participants by e-mail of any changes with 30 days notice. Additional policies can be found in the student/parent handbook on the parent portal once registered.
Registration Terms and Conditions for Camps and Summer Programs:
- * I understand that there are no refund on camps. If you are not able to attend a camp up to a week prior to the camp start date you will be able to change the camp date to a different week (only within the same calendar year). There are no credits, or week changes within the week prior to the camp.
- * Summer class fees are highly discounted and therefore are final sale, no refunds, transfers or studio credits available.
Communication and Information:
It is the responsibility of the parent (or the student if over age 18) to keep informed about the studio policies and class dates and to keep the studio updated about changes to phone numbers, e-mails, mailing address, emergency contact details and medical issues including allergies. Our main form of communication is through e-mail so please add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list to ensure you receive the e-mails.
Safety and Valuables:
- * Students under the age of 12 may not leave the building without a parent present. Parents are asked to come in to the studio to pick up their child.
- * Children are not permitted to be in the building without parental supervision. Siblings and friends may not be left in the building unsupervised for any reason.
- * The teachers are not responsible for the students once the class is dismissed. Please ensure that all parents or guardians arrive promptly to pick up their child on time.
- * If a student has an EPIPEN we ask that it is brought to the studio, labelled and checked in at the desk. Please do not leave EPIPENS in the children's backpacks.
- * The Studio is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Lockers are provided for your convenience. These lockers are for day by day use only. Please do not leave items in the lockers overnight.
- * Cell phone use is not permitted in the change rooms or class rooms. Video Recording or taking photos of the class is only permitted during parent observation days or by teacher request.
- * Please put your child's names in all of their belongings (ie shoes, bodysuits, tights, waterbottles, etc.)